Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
seoceancrosser
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: just a co-pilot

Originally Posted by Worldguy View Post
"bottom barrel operation with the greatest profits of all competitors combined"? Seriously? Wow, you should be in a great position for a good contract......if you could substantiate that claim. Good luck
I agree, we are in a great position to negotiate a great contract. Substantiating that minor fact of profits is a lot tougher. Omni is a private company. The only financial records we have for negotiating are what they make public to the DOD to show financial stability while competing for contracts. The published profits are well over a million a week. The two 757's and one of the 767's are leased, everything else is owned. I'm not a financial guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not a complete moron either, but it appears to me that they are sitting in a pretty position. The bottom line is Omni makes above average profits because we work hard. Now is the time for our pilot group to develop a backbone and discontinue bringing down the rest of the industry. If this TA passes then other pilot groups will have to justify their pay scales and work rules at the negotiating table with comparison to Omni's.