Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
Guys, the original poster did not clarify that this was a CAL MEC blastmail related to the CALALPA contract provision. This is not related to the UAL pilot group unless your MEC finds something in the UALALPA contract regarding this.

Second, the CAL pilot group received a pilot bulletin which had a few interesting things:

1. Deadline for PAY is September 23rd
2. Deadline for qualification is October 4th.
3. The 777 and 756 pilots will be compensated for 2.4 hours (737 compensation is still 1 hour only) due to more information being disseminated AND ONLY IF IT IS COMPLETED BY SEPTEMBER 23RD.

Read what you wish to regarding due dates, lost qualification, pay, EXTRA pay and our contract provisions.
I realize there is a lot of ambiguity regarding this PMG-CBT Qual, thus the thread.....

Having not done this CBT myself yet, I am standing here looking at two B756 F/O's who completed the Qual mentioned above. They BOTH are ONLY credited 1.0 under "Additional Pay" section on their Sept "Pay Screens".....NOT the 2.4 as advertised above completed prior to Sept 23rd.

The Bulletin that you cited above, "SOC-Phase 2 Comp" dated Sept 14th from the Pilot Bulletin drop-down, has been labeled "Replaced" with NO other Bulletin taking it's place as of yet???

Anyway, I am planning on calling ALPA-IAH today to see what the 'latest' is on the pay for the B777/B756 guys/gals.....1.0 vs 2.4???

Let you know what I find out if I can get some kind of answer....

***UPDATE***
Spoke with the ALPA Office in IAH regarding the "1.0 v 2.4" Pay placed on the SEPT Pay Screens under additional pay for the Phase 2 PMG CBT.

They said they were aware of this, and it 'should' read 2.4 for all B777/B756 Pilots per the 'replaced' memo under the Bulletin Drop-down. The individual that I spoke with suggested a "Pay Claim" filing would be in order for those who had been 'miscalculated' and given 1.0 vs 2.4 for those Pilot's on equipment that qualifies.

For those WB guys/gals who have completed the CBT, be sure to check your SEPT Pay Screen to make sure that you are getting what your promised!!

Last edited by SoCalGuy; 09-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.