View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
johnb1992
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Question Criminal Background

Hi everyone. I'm not going to sugarcoat this I pretty much need a straight forward answer here, so if you can please help me out with this that would really help me out. Well, to start off people make dumb decisions when they're young and ultimately regret their actions later on. I made the decision to shoplift and was convicted of that crime back when I was 17 and I'm turning 19 this November.

I got a lawyer to assist me with this, the prosecutor and my lawyer agreed on something where if I stay out of trouble for an entire year the conviction would be removed from my record. Well it turns out it's just hidden from public view, excluding government administrations. Is there a way I can remove it completely from my record in a few years? I heard there was a method of doing this but I'm not completely sure. So I'm pretty much asking will this ultimately kill my dreams of becoming a pilot should I just consider a different profession to follow or is there still some sort of hope left for be becoming what I've wanted my entire life?