View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:26 PM
FourFans
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2011

I'm sorry if that sounded too pert.
Let me intro myself: 14,000+ flying hours as an engineer, both professional and otherwise. 337 of them accredited combat, 1300 combat support. Five different airframes :recip, turbo-prop and turbo-jet. 707,727, Herc, DC-6, 747. The last 4000 at a 121 carrier that tons of guys would kill for an interview at.
10 years mx on B-52H, KC-135E,A, and R, to include the -135R bed-down at McConnell. I finished up flying on the Four Fans of Freedom for the local ANG unit. Flying to places I swore to nuke 20 years ago, and bases I dodged fighters from 10 years ago.
Currently an EASA -400 B1 Ground Engineer, and have completed an EASA B1 differences on the -8.
I "kinda" know Boeing.. and I miss Boeing. Boeing sold it's soul when it bought Douglas. The ones who were charged with Boeing's legacy took thier huge pay-off's and split,, the failed suits from Douglas took over. Not my opinion, just relaying my experience and word of mouth fron those who really know.
The -8 is as screwed up an idea as the C-130J, and the 787.. Why re-invent the wheel,,, when all we really need is newer wheels? "The -8 SO HAS to be this quantum leap",,,WHY??
The -8 is REALLY cool from an aircrew standpoint, but it's so different on the mx side that it's, well.....
I miss Boeing, and lament for a country that no longer has a "Boeing".

Either that, or I'm wrong.
--FF