View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
citation35hf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: Courtroom

Originally Posted by captfurlough View Post
And I'm only going to say this one more time: As someone previously involved in the hiring process....look carefully at the question on the application. Does is ask have you EVER been arrested or convicted of....? Those words are pretty self explanatory. And there have been a lot of guys pulled out of class who lied. Be honest, come prepared to show how you matured with no further arrests....one mistake is probably OK...two, three, or more...well....that can be a problem. Remmeber there are multiple sources for records checks.
Originally Posted by captfurlough View Post
Remmeber there are multiple sources for records checks.
......And remember juvenile arrests/convictions do not get entered into any data system.......

I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have lied about status offenses to the airlines and thought they were too petty to matter then got booted from class. What I guarantee is that none of these offenses occurred when the person was under 18.

This forum remind me of the time on officer.com forums that I got into an argument with a cop from DC who was so sure that all airline pilots made at least $80,000 as a 1st year FO. He was an expert on that topic as much as you think you’re an expert on criminal law.