View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:58 AM
ATCsaidDoWhat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by RPC Unity View Post
The "rest of the story" in the real world is a lot different than your imagination.

FAPA reps asked the IBT about the 24 month issue earlier this year. This isn't something that just came up.

FAPA also held a membership meeting earlier this year, led by a labor attorney, educating the pilot group about the different scenarios.

My entire point with this thread is the fact that the IBT's actions speak louder than their words.

You say you want Frontier pilot participation, but your own Constitution and Bylaws prevent such participation.

You say you want Frontier pilot participation, but you fail to send out one piece of information to any Frontier pilot regarding the nomination and election.

You say you want Frontier pilot participation, but you decide to conduct the first ever RAH Executive Board election via regular mail. An airline with over one dozen pilot domiciles and multiple displacements happening right now, and you choose regular mail over online voting?

For a group that claims they want participation, they seem to be making it as difficult as possible to nominate, run, and vote.

ATC, you don't work here. Between the post above where you simply make sh1t up and your other posts applauding new Omni 777 pay rates that rival some regional jet pay rates, I am coming to the conclusion that your perspective is pretty useless.
Omni? Nice try. I asked if they had a Plan B. You, with all of your experience as a 'bus driver should know that first contracts are the hardest. And that they either end up being pay OR work rules focused. It usually takes the second contract to close all the loopholes and get both. My concern was over their continuing "at will" status. I don't like seeing anyone without strong representation...even F9 pilots who are led astray. In the end, I suspect that with some help, the Omni guys will get another deal and I do hope it will be better...and soon.

Yes, it's everyone elses fault. You don't join, yet it's the IBT's fault for not sending out nomination and election information to NON MEMBERS who can't vote because they haven't joined. You complain about a paper ballot process, yet don't disclose that the electronic balloting you mention is done by a company owned by the AFL-CIO...and there are questions about the security of their process. Funny...paper ballots were used for DECADES..and still are.

Actions DO speak louder than words. Your actions have been focused on doing everything possible to keep F9 pilots from getting involved and having a voice. And then complain because you don't have a voice.

So tell us...have YOU joined?