View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Scambo, Fly4Hire and Bar have effectively explained why the RJ pilot issue is a red herring.

Also at the last BOD when no one was running for Sean's job a OH pilot stood up and wanted to take the position, he was not just shot down my mainline pilots, he was also shot down by the RJ pilots as well.

These RJ pilots that are represented by ALPA want us to get our scope in order so they can come here. Ten plus years of stagnation have stunk, but alas they are finally seeing the writing on the RJ wall. Like rats on a sinking ship, they are trying to go anywhere they can.

As Carl like to point out in my first post, and I and Bar have reiterated, it is smart business to keep the RJ pilots under our National umbrella. Even though our exclusivity rights would win in court, that does not mean that ALPA can argue they could do an end round, or better yet, the RJ unions would go directly to DAL management and negotiate with them. After a fierce ten year court battle we would probably win, but would have zero leverage and would be flat on our backs. It is better to take the unity amongst the profession approach and find solutions that work for all pilots, direct the energy and resources towards the issues that need it and not each other.

Leaving ALPA may sound good, but as I posted some 6000 posts ago, the unintended consequences reach a lot farther than this section 6. All of the reasons listed are proof to why it is a lot simpler to fix the problems we have then to try to build a new house. This list of potential threats is long, and all of them really only afford us one change to get them right.