View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by thecloser2144 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I have around 3000 TT with 1600 PIC and 1000 instructor. If I apply at an airline, say Atlas, i'm afraid that when I show up they won't be able to read my ARMS printout.
Disclaimer, you mentioned Atlas specifically, so this is specific to them. This info is current as of this year when I interviewed early this year, and everybody that did after me;

Ok man, listen up, cause this is gonna blow your mind. When you apply to Atlas, you send them a resume, AS WELL AS THE PAQ FORM. The PAQ from is a "big picture" of your flight times, not a specific break down.

After you do the phone screen, after you bang out the 100 question technical assessment, you will be emailed an application. The application has a flight time grid to fill out. Don't worry, it's only slightly more specific than your PAQ from and easy to fill out. Now, this is where it get's really really really good, below is a direct quote from the email invite/directions;

NOTE: You are NOT required to bring your logbooks unless you need some or all of them to complete the application, if not previously completed.

The HR people at Atlas know what they are doing. There's PLENTY of mil guys working in that building down there. They know what a mil guy has and brings to the table. They hire ALL SORTS of backgrounds. The ALSO shoot down ALL SORTS of backgrounds. Of the 4 military in my group, NOT a single one got it.

Sure, you may want to bring your mil record/ARMS forms if you go to Miami, no problemo. But keep in mind, NOT a single person is gonna ask to see them and it'll just take up space in your brief case. Other companies, sure, you bet. They're gonna want to see you mil records and. etc. But again, you asked about Atlas, so that's what my post was tailored to.

Again, that's all as of early this year, if anybody has more current info, please feel free to step in and correct my mistakes.