View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by beech2jet View Post
Im looking for some clarification on this as I had a situation happen to me several years ago that was a lot like what is being discussed here. I went in for a recurrent pc, busted the oral and was not given the chance to fly. Came back two days later passed the oral. Came back two days after that and busted the sim. Came back the next week and took the full checkride again, passed everything. There was a lot more crap in between that wasn't my fault, but ill spare the excuses and say this is what it looks like on paper. I have NEVER had a 121 issue before that, and NEVER had one since. Its been 5 years. So because of this, are you saying my career progression is stopped? I have 40 years left to fly and I will NEVER be able to get another flying job because a sim instructor wanted to make an example of me on an RPC? Is there a policy that makes this a reality? No amount of time can make it go away? So I might as well have a DUI? Or maybe I would be better off? Im not trying to be smart, I honestly want to know what im dealing with. Thanks!
Probably not a career killer, since it was technically two separate events oral and sim). You might claim you were not feeling well or had personal distractions during that timeframe.

Obviously this might make it harder with some airlines.