Old 11-06-2011, 03:46 PM
embraer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by DENpilot View Post
Uh... not fact! The article clearly says new gates are POSSIBLE.

I know you are getting *excited* about thinking of having mainline size jets at the regional level, but stop and think about this for a second... why would AA so feverishly be trying to divest Eagle (and successfully so) just to turn around and violate their own pilots scope clause by giving 100 seaters to Eagle?
I know you are jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on whatever you hear on the interweb...BUT:

AA is not feverishly trying to divest Eagle. It would take too long to go into detail, but a full on divestiture is actually looking less and less likely by the day.

I am not excited about 100 seat jets other than the opportunity to fly the E-190 which is apparently a fantastic airplane. The point is that this is further reason why our pilot group must reject our current TA proposal. End of story.

There is alot that you guys outside of AMR/Eagle are not aware of. Those of us who work for the company, attend the road shows, talk to senior Captains, people in the cheif pilots office, union reps, etc... have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Try not to sh*t on it next time.