View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:28 PM
subrat
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Barbie Jet Driver

Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
your assuming many things, one that the economy does not improve, two that this new eagle does not win a bid for flying anywhere, three that AMR does not reach some sort of agreement for more hoed out flying to regionals, and four that AMR bids out all this new flying to another company besides Eagle, because they can only park so many planes before needing to replace that parked flying with a new plane.

Like I said, I am not a union guy, I am not even sure how I will vote, I am just sayin from a COMMON SENSE standpoint...
You said your not planing on staying at the regionals....Why would you vote for a contract (8) years which is a consession.. especially with a pilot shortage looming in the next year or two? Thats 8 years were we cant negotiate a better contract... Plus they can cut the pay in 2014 across the board....Dan Garton even admits there is a pilot shortage looming and that its very hard to find pilots.... The TA doesnt talk about A. the future B. New aircraft C. Creating a better product..... They are not going to have new ATR's overnight...AA pilots have the final say about everything...why do you think they are holding off on the divesture till the AA pilots have a TA.....This TA is just to keep us in check..holding a AA carrot in front of us to keep us from leaving eagle when other airlines start hiring.

I fly mostly with senior capts and they have all said this TA wont effect us, but it will screw all you new guys...they have all said they will vote no just so karma doesnt come back to bite them in the butt.