View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:43 AM
pilotca86
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: 737 CA

Sometimes that ugly girl at the end of the bar will take care of you, love you, and be a good mother to your kids. The chick in the high heels and short skirt wants a Mercedes, a 4 carat diamond, a 6000 square foot house and she aint watching those kids.

Funny, I flew with a new FO in 1998 who had come over from FedEx. I asked him why would he leave there to come here. He said he felt he was being paid to be in prison. I flew with him again after everything at my company went south. I asked him what he thought now. He said he would still rather be here, he just couldn't take that kind of flying.

With that said, I look up to FedEx and WN. Certainly not the ugly chick at the end of the bar anymore. They are taking care of their employees. How much does it cost to just treat people right?

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. But you better be willing to take a lot of bad with the good. Yes all professions are like that. But in this profession it is hard to change jobs when you have been at the same place for over 25 years. You will have to start all over. Fortunately for me, I'll just retire.