Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM
CL30LAVDMPR
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by G400driver View Post
Thank you for the responses, gentlemen. Next questions, what are the TT/experience requirements for upgrade? I know the company is Wyvern compliant. Does XOJET follow Wyvern PIC reqs? Are upgrades made as needed or based on pilot performance? I would think from a crew scheduling standpoint that having more CAs would create greater flexibility in crew pairings. Are CAs occasionaly paired together?

I have no time in any of the types but have some experience with ProLine21. Fortunately, I have a good internal rec. I'm hoping the phone rings sometime soon.
Our upgrade requirements are around 3500TT and 250 in type (that's without looking it up, but a close swag). Wyvern requirements are pretty high, and I don't believe they are used for upgrade. If a trip requires a Wyvern crew, the Crew Resources team will do what they can to get a high time crew in position. Upgrades are based on both factors you mention, company need and performance. Lately, upgrades have been running 1-2 years for those that come in with sufficient experience. And yes, captains do fly together from time to time, but not usually for more than a couple of days until one of the captains goes home and is replaced by an SIC.

If you have an internal rec, consider yourself fortunate! Good luck!