View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 03:55 PM
captain_drew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: FredEx Captain-Retired

Originally Posted by ComputerGuy
Yikes. I just read it, and want to vomit.

May Calloway rot in prison.
He WILL !

This is a perfect, shining example of what you get with Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action

Calloway skated through life, by virtue of his African American persuasion. Admitted to Stanford as an Affirmative Action selection. Could not have made it on his academic standing. Stanford, if you do not know it, does NOT give “grades”. It’s how the profs “feel” about you. I know it enjoys a ‘reputation’, but some of the dumbest slugs I have ever met are Stanford grads.

He got into Navy Flight to put an “X” in someone’s box and was not washed out the several times he should have been due to “preferences” another person of a different persuasion would NOT have benefitted from.

When he finally got to his VS fleet squadron, he was always behind the power curve and was never upgraded to Aircraft Commander, because the NATOPS Officer, XO and CO recommended he be a permanent co-pilot, due to his ineptitude. The S-3, BTW, is one of the easiest a/c in the world to fly. So, he was pretty much behind the power curve.

He lied about his flight time and experience on his application and was hired and subsequently fired at Flying Tigers. First time what he had going did not work for him.

He lied about his flight time and experience on his application at FredEx, not able to know that his former employer would be subsequently acquired in a buy out deal .

That’s when the wheels finally started coming off. Several Captains had written him up, but management more or less ignored it, due to the Affirmative Action factor. It was not until a former FTL Flight Manager happened to run into him and remember that he had been fired at the old place that folks started digging around.

The rest, as they say, is history. Didn’t take much to uncover the falsification of the application. All the guys who knew him in the Navy could NOT believe he had been hired at an airline. Maybe if he had gone to one of the infamous Affirmative Action employers, like United, he would not have run into someone he had worked for at FTL and . . . . .just glad the 3 DC-10 guys had their Wheaties that morning. I wish they had been ‘packing’ !