Property of Scheduling
higney85
Property of Scheduling
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2006
  • Position
    Bus driver
Quote: you are very short sighted....have fun flying an RJ at commuter pay for the rest of your career. You guys JUST DON"T GET IT and I'm not so sure how much longer I should bless you with my presence on this sight(i.e. voice of reason). Maybe I too will go the way of the dodo bird(and calcapt)
If you wanna go back through my other posts you will find many times where I have said anything over 50 seats needs to be mainline in my opinion. While I could sit here and say that repeatedly, the reality is 90 seats and less will be at the regional level for the present and immediate future. So if you say that its short sighted for me to want to see them on my side of the fence thats fine, but someone needs to fly them. I think it would be great to see the -900's at mesaba, they deserve them, but if they dont go there (for whatever reason) I would want them at pncl. You can call that short sighted b/c thats what it is- the decision would affect me for the next 3-4 years. I dont plan on staying at the regional level any longer than I need to, I just need 1000PIC, but I have 3 years til that point no matter what. No matter what you say, the mainline carriers will continue to grow and hire. Between retirements and airplanes on order there is quite a bit of movement, added to that the fact that many people will choose to stay at a regional for QOL that they/ their family have grown accustomed to- I don't feel your argument holds water for my career, but maybe for others it is very true. I have 39 years left with the FAA and a 4-year degree, a regional is a stepping stone for me and many others in similar circumstances as myself. I have flown with captains that have interviews at other jobs- above the regional level- but most dont seem very motivated b/c they are set in their lives/sched/family and dont want to start over. How do you argue with someone to change everything when they are happy. Not everyone looks at the career the same as you hotmamapilot.