View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:37 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Is that what I said? Thanks for clearing that up for me. I must have misspelled UN. As, it's not clearly visible in my post.
Fair enough, you can just tell us you don't accept the findings of the UN IPCC and don't support their proposed "solution". You wouldn't have any problem with doing that right now would you? That's what I thought.

Originally Posted by N2264J View Post
That claim was debunked almost immediately.

The IPCC is made up of scientists from different fields and skill sets who don't have
the background or credentials to critique the work of others so the papers get written and reviewed by a few dozen experts, not the entire organization.

This is yet another example of a breathless assertion made because, as laymen, we head down the path with our pants on fire because we simply don't know what we're talking about.

Mike Hulme sets Lawrence Solomon and Marc Morano straight | Deep Climate
It does not take much "debunking" for anything the UN says for you does it?

Tell us right now that you support their findings and proposals, and that you applaud their scrubbing of their incorrect predictions on a regular basis from their web site. Breathless and factless assertions indeed.

Can you tell us what portion of any warming or cooling is caused by man and what portion is due to natural cycles?

Can you tell us why the UN stated man's effects will not be changeable for at least a thousand years?

And they really get the message across with hard hitting stories about how women and minorities are going to bear the brunt of everything that has gone on since time began.

Women bear the brunt of climate change
Women, particularly those living in the mountainous regions in developing countries, face disproportionately high risks to their livelihoods and health from global warming, says a U.N. report on Climate Change.

The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report titled ‘Women at the Frontline of Climate Change: Gender Risks and Hopes' says investing in low-carbon and efficient green technologies, water harvesting and fuel wood alternatives can strengthen climate change adaptation and improve women's livelihoods.

The report was released at the U.N. Climate Change Conference (COP17) in Durban, South Africa, according to a press release issued by the ICIMOD (International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development) headquartered in Kathmandu.

Impacts of climate change, such as droughts, floods and mud slips are affecting a growing number of people worldwide, according to the report.

“From 1999-2008, floods affected almost one billion people in Asia, 28 million in the Americas, 22 million in Africa and four million in Europe.”

In parts of Asia and Africa, where the majority of the agricultural workforce are women, such disasters have a major impact on their income, food security and health.

“Women often play a stronger role than men in the management of ecosystem services and food security. Hence, sustainable adaptation must focus on gender and the role of women if it is to become successful,” said U.N. Under Secretary-General and UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner.

“Women's voices, responsibilities and knowledge on the environment and the challenges they face will need to be made a central part of governments' adaptive responses to a rapidly changing climate,” he added.

The reports also highlights how organised human trafficking, especially that of women, is emerging as a potentially serious risk associated with climate-related disasters; as floods or landslips disrupt social safety nets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I predict a straw shortage because the UN is grabbing at every one.

Last edited by jungle; 12-10-2011 at 04:15 PM.