View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 AM
paladin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Over 60 and Still Living the Dream

Originally Posted by N2264J View Post
Why should I waste my time with you? You obviously don't believe anything I put up here. You apparently think NASA, NOAA, the Pentagon, the National Academy of Science, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science are all dirty hippy tree hugging lefty radicals that can't be believed.
What I find puzzling is there are still people who find these climate change advocates credible. This BS has been debunked for years. Retired NASA scientist Dr. John S. Theon is yet another scientist who has repudiated all this man-made climate change nonsense and voiced his conclusions that “climate models are useless”. As chief of several NASA programs from 1982 to 1994, Theon was responsible for all weather and climate research, and oversaw the work of Dr. James Hansen. Hansen is NASA's foremost proponent of man-made global warming. Hansen has compared coal trains to Nazi death trains, and has lobbied for the prosecution of coal industry executives. Hansen thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress.

Dr. Theon has repudiated all of this. "I appreciate the opportunity to add my name to those who disagree that global warming is man-made," Theon wrote to the Minority Office at the Environment and Public Works Committee on January 15, 2009. After publicly stating: "climate models are useless" Dr. Theon is on record as saying, “Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it. They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy.”

Dr. Theon is in good company. A U.S. Senate Minority Report released in December 2008 names more than 650 international scientists who are dissenting from man-made global warming fears. This is greater than twelve times as many scientists as the 52 who co-authored the UN reports that American bureaucrats continue to cite. These 650 scientists include: Aerospace engineer, physicist, and NASA Administrator (April 13, 2005 to January 20, 2009) Dr. Michael Griffin; Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman to receive a PhD in meteorology; Geophysicist and former astronaut Dr. Phil Chapman; Astronaut/Geologist and Moonwalker Jack Schmitt; Apollo 7 Astronaut and Physicist Walter Cunningham; Chemist and Nuclear Engineer Robert DeFayette (formerly with NASA's Plum Brook Reactor); Ferenc Miskolczi, an atmospheric physicist and former researcher with NASA's Ames Research Center; Climatologist Dr. John Christy; Climatologist Dr. Roy W. Spencer; and Atmospheric Scientist Ross Hays of NASA's Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility.

In summary, while the vast majority of scientists are going in one direction--repudiating claims of a man-made climate disaster--politicians are going the other direction--embracing such claims and shackling industry on those "grounds." The $64.00 question is why?, as the scientific case for man-made global warming collapses, why are politicians all the more determined to impose draconian controls on industry?

How is this for a reason?: Global warming has become a big-ticket item in the eyes of its supporters. At stake are research funds, jobs for the looters and the ability for despots to control lives all over the globe.

James Hansen’s Former NASA Supervisor Declares Himself a Skeptic – Says Hansen ‘Embarrassed NASA’, ‘Was Never Muzzled’, & Models ‘Useless’ | Watts Up With That?