Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 AM
shoelu
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: CA

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Isn't SWA this all powerful kumbaya singing (no lessons needed Rolf) company that always pays it's employees better... treats them better... wants them always happy? Getting a stellar rate on the 737Max should be a walk in the park.
Fortunately, we are already there. We are paid better, treated better and happier. SWAPA's stance on equal pay grades for the 737 goes back to the 737-500. They wanted the same rates for an airframe with less seating capacity. Unfortunately, SWAPA carried that philosophy forward with the 800 and accepted the same pay (we did receive modest pay raises across the board for all types) for a jet with more capacity. I thought we could have and should have gotten more, but that is now in the past. The MAX will still be a 700 or 800 variant and I doubt it will warrant a re-opener. Our CBA does specifically only list rates for Boring 737-300, -500, -700, -800 and 717. Boeing says these new MAX aircraft will be a specific new type, and that alone may force a re-opener. I don't think that the airlines flying the A320 NEO will be negotiating different rates for that airframe, but you seem to disagree with that statement.