Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 AM
SpikesMyDog
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: F/O

I'm new to cargo flying but it seems to me that everyone is pretty happy about the pay and benefits at the company I'm with, as am I. I'm also very familiar with the "law if unintended consequences". (Yeah, I got married)
What I'm trying to learn (and all I can find is the fact that people are angry over the cargo cut out, got it) is what it would it really mean, goods and bad, to our schedules, lifestyle, pay and benefits ect. My thought is that it would mean more pilots to hire to move the same amount of freight = less money ( hours) to each pilot. Part of me is in agreement that if it's safe practice or process then implement it across the board. The other part of me thinks that I know what I signed up for and do not want the law of unintended consequences or worse an uneducated decision be made that might change the entire landscape of the company that I work at. So what is gained,what is lost and at what expense ? Has anyone really spelled this out? Im a knuckle dragger so i cant but any information on where to find this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.