Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
NightIP
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by 744driver View Post
Any way you look at it, it is still a net loss of airplanes in the fleet at Omni...short term or not. That means fewer bodies required to operate that smaller fleet...right?

Again, I'm not in any way endorsing the furlough...quite the opposite, actually, since I have been on the receiving end of one of those phone calls or letters, etc from the Chief Pilot. I'm sure, many of you have experienced the same thing.

I do sincerely hope that anyone affected by this is recalled at the earliest opportunity...pilots, fe's, fa's, mx, etc.
Anything I say at this point is going to be a guess, but the company chatter is that we're still very understaffed on the 767/777. Like dc10pilot mentioned, I hope the other fleets can absorb the reduced -10 positions. Attrition remains high, especially after a so-so contract was passed and now this news.

Even if nobody gets furloughed, I think a lot of us just saw our quick upgrades go out the window. Obviously a less important consideration than keeping people off the street, but still something a lot of us are looking at.