View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Winged Wheeler
Libertarian Resistance

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 757 FO

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I am really caught on the fence as to how much government is necessary and good. I am not really at Dem nor Repub. I had a really good economics class in college that wasn't left leaning (heaven forbid!). The course was really informative, and I became more conservative by choice, not just parroting Fox or my friends. The bandwagon thing on both the left and the right annoys the crap out of me. I think a great deal of people just go with the flow of how they are brought up, not trying to see the other side's perspective.

But for sure, the government programs and spending are choking America. I think there are some other societal things that need to get straightened out too, like individuals having some level of financial and social responsbility.
There are some interesting points here-but to travel much further risks a political, rather than economic, discussion.

How much gov't is necessary for an economy? According to the way of thinking of my tribe it is sufficient that the people, through their government, establish fair and consistant laws regarding the economy. After that, the gov't enforces contracts and prevents theft by fraud or force. That is all.

WW