View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
BaronRouge380
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Cloud surfing

Originally Posted by cstyle09 View Post
Again let me preface this by saying, my info is a few years old and things may have changed a bit. I know a few guys that still work there but dont stay in touch with them regularly. With that said:

Where people go post ACC depends on a lot of things but I'd say most fall into two catagories:

1. Fo's that leave prior to upgrade. These guys normally split with 1k-2k total time and 0PIC. They end up at the regionals. Considering some were hired with < 500 total time, thats not a bad move if you want to work for the airlines. Probably a faster way of building time than CFI'ing and you'll learn a heck of a lot more.

2. Guys that that stick around, upgrade and get the 1000 PIC Turbine. They have lots more options. Flexjet, Avantair, Corporate jobs, Qatar, Kalitta, etc. Depending on how much time you had when you come in and what route you get, this can take a few years.

I dont know of anybody who has gone straight from ACC to any legacy carrier or SWA, although many have tried. If anybody tries to tell you that ACC is the fast track to working for UPS, dont believe them. Many have tried this, I know of only one guy who managed to get an interview, and he was there 5+ years, in the SDF hub everynight. A couple of guys have gone from ACC to FedEx, but they had major internal recomendations. Working at ACC had no effect on them getting hired there.

All of this depends upon the pilot hiring market of course.
Qatar? Interesting... Do they consider Turbo prop time? I've heard, TP time overseas is as good as piston time, meaning almost useless. Looking at jobs overseas, they all require jet time.