View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
I've heard this arguement from several guys that want to flt past 60 (either bacause of bad financial planning or the lack of a "life"). Well gramps ... I don't want to fly past 60! Your poor planning might require that I do and quite frankly, I don't appreciate.

I would prefer you enjoyed your retirement and spent time with your family.

Regards ... Mark
Mark,

I guess you just don't get it. I am (almost) retired, I just elect to continue to enjoy myself my way, not yours. As far as planning is concerned, believe me, I'm all set, thank you very much. The fact is that I enjoy the work: seeing old (and young) friends, that my seniority allows me to visit each month; playing ball on layovers; not doing much nighttime flying; working on my frequent flier program; etc, etc. Once you've paid off the mortgage, found peace with your spouse (if that's possible ); enjoy the places you go and the things you do, you are there! Retirement would just make my life a duller, more mundane, place to be. Fact is, I do the same things on the road as I do at home, the only difference is I don't get to sleep in my own bed. A small price to pay.

When it becomes your time to retire, try to remember these discussions and your arguments and see if they hold water then. Until then, how about a nice big cup of ****.