Thread: 1000hr TPIC
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
SVTCobra
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: B747-400 CA

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Frankly sir, it appears that you're not at all interested in becoming "educated" about military single-seat pilots and their particular type of flying. That's ok, however, if you reread this thread, you will see that the only reason guys were being aggressive toward you, is that you started out that way toward virtually anyone who tried to help you understand military pilots in general and the associated issues in particular. As well, because you don't seem to get the "military-to-civilian" conversions, you have added insult to injury, with some of your comments. In actuality, the conversion ratio is very conservative, in that, especially for fighter guys, taking a two or four-ship out for a flight, regardless of what type of mission, requires much more ground time, with the motors running, than the additional .2 or .3 per sortie, that most airlines allow. Time that your civilian company would have allowed you to log, because you had already moved your plane for the purpose of flight.

Regardless, I wish you well with your resume building and your future aspirations.

JJ
WOW..The Walrus was the only one that mentioned the .2 conversion back on page 2 of this thread. From there the chest thumping continued and I was still getting pummeled and accused of not wanting to become educated? ..Excuse me SIR, but you are the only one that has now FULLY explained the conversion for the single seat guys in this thread..I think you should reread previous posts with regards to my "education".

Cheers