View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:31 PM
satpak77
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I would urge you to be skeptical of any aircraft company performance outlook statement based purely on back orders. It is a nearly meaningless number. There are a number of ways the back order log can be bolstered to look like something strong, when it is actually meaningless. It has no real merit until the cash is paid and the airplane is delivered. People always get so impressed by back orders. Cessna had billions of dollars in back orders in 2008 and by mid 2009 sales were so poor the company was forced to lay off half its work force, and almost went under.
Interesting. It is amazing how FSI at ICT is always singing how busy Beech is, Beech this, Beech that etc Kool Aid stuff.

Me also wonders how many, really now, ISR King Airs do we really need, in light of UAV's, and other solutions.

The King Air used market, I don't see many mid-2000's and newer models for sale. So that segment must be doing pretty good, or at least nothing is for sale. Read that how you want to I suppose.

I wonder how TBM and Pilatus are affecting HBC. Why spend 6M on a new 350 when I can spend 4M on a 2007 model and get the same thing. I mean, come on.