View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
120PC
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: '46 Cessna 120

It might have made my cause sound better if I fillled y'all in on a little back ground info about my training.

I have already completed all of my solo requirements for my PPL and actually have about 20hrs solo already. I had an FAA medical situation that put me on hold for a very long time and just now got back to flying. All of my old instruction was with a different CFI and my new(er) one has already given me probably 30 hours of dual instruction. A lot of that is just me paying him so I could go fly with no medical of SPC.

Anyways, I have passed the written test and all we have left is for him to endorse my new SPC and medical certificate. He wants to fly with me 2 weekends in a row and practice strictly for the check ride then he will sign me off and I'll take my checkride. In all honesty I should have my PPL within the month unless something unforseen happens.

So with that being said, of course I would let him know when I was going to fly first. That just seems like common courtsey. To be honest though, and I know I might get some **** for this, if he said no and the weather was really nice I might just do it anyways and not tell him ONLY if he couldn't be held liable for my actions. I would never knowingly put someone on the line like that.

So, new question: If the only restrictions he gives me are weather related and I fly without telling him or after he said no; could he be held liable for my actions?