View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 PM
golfandfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post

As long as it doesn't affect you personally, no biggie.

I have a Marriage License that's 27 years old. Do I also need to prove that no divorce decree or death certificate exists? It's the same Marriage License I used to prove eligibility the first time -- why do I need to do it again? What can it possibly prove? It doesn't prove that I'm still married, only that I was married 27 years ago. What can it possibly accomplish? How do I prove that something (the divorce decree or death certificate) does not exist?

I have 7 birth certificates for kids. They're the same birth certificates I used to prove eligibility the first time. The dates of the births start a 26-year clock. Do they think I can produce different birth certificates with different dates which will establish different 26-year clocks? Do I need to also prove that none of them have died by proving that death certificates don't exist, or do I need to produce them in person along with DNA tests to prove they're my real kids and not actors I've hired?

Where does the ridiculousness end?

Oh, wait, it doesn't affect me because I'm foreign based.

That makes so much sense.
Really? The sky is falling because the company wants to see some documentation? How about this, don't provide it and take them to court...

This really is no big deal. A small hassle, but you have spent more time whining than it would take to produce the paper.

What are they going to expect now? That I have to actually have a pilots license or a current medical? What's the world coming to? I suggest we fire the MEC due to their inaction on this situation! Blasphemy!!