View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
palgia841
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ left

Originally Posted by fire View Post
I'm not saying that they are the best of the best... just because someone has the time , one might feel safer but that doesn't mean a thing, yeah sure they are more experienced in NORMAL flying conditions. It doesn't mean anything on how they would react when SH!T hits the fan.

I've flown with both sides. There are times, more often than not, that I have total faith in the CA, but there are also times when I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Low times are a reasonible argument but experience under NORMAL conditions comes quick. So as far as I'm concerned, our training is great, just like most airlines. If the airplane is flyable you'll be fine.

ridiculuos is how it is spelled
I'm not sure I understand your post to be honest. Are you trying to say that experience doesn't count because it is normally accrued in "normal flying" conditions, and that in "normal flying" experience "comes quick" and therefore loses any value in an emergency situation

I don't know about you, but when the sh!t hits the fan I'd rather have a 3000hour captain vs. a 1500-2000hr one, ceteris paribus.

PS. point taken on my ridiculous spelling error, but 'reasonible' ain't reasonable either