View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Linebacker35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by ophir View Post
Well the good news is that I speak French, or have been able to at one time I should say. My girlfriend is Canadian and we are planning on marrying and moving to Canada. I want to make sure i do the move correctly and not ever face some bureaucrat telling me that I didn't get a form signed when I first talked with her and that disqualifies me from working in Canada. I hope to be moving to the Calgary area within the next couple of years. I just need a bit of PIC time now.

Good choice of City my friend. Calgary is the best city in Canada, it and the rest of Alberta is swiming in money. No debt, no tax, and they have so much money they give us all $400 a year for no good reason. I think they said Calgary's economy is the fastest growing economy(%wise) after China. It should be a fairly nice transition for yourself, lots of Americans living in calgary(largest American population in Canada), alberta is more like the States than it is like the rest of Canada.
As for flying... AC Jazz, Central Mountain air, and westjet have calgary bases. Air Canada does not, but there is a huge number of AC pilots who live in Calgary that commute to Vancouver, toronto and winnipeg. Tons of flights between those cities, but there are also lots of employees doin the same thing.