View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 AM
FlyPurdue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: 787

I wanted to clarify a few things per our May phase 2 (relief and reserve) bid package. In Newark - the top 52% will get a relief line. The next 10% will get long call / floating reserve line (more days off). The next 10% will get reserve weekends off. The next 10% will get 2-3 full weekends off. And finally the last 18% will get a lousy schedule awarded with 1 or no weekends off. All of us have been there - but utilizing 'Bad Day / Worse Day trades' that lousy schedule can be modified to help both the pilot, and the company, by increasing coverage.

As I said earlier, since I have held a relief line, I have worked one weekend. I was not awarded a schedule like that - it was using line holder 'Bad day / Worse day' rules and modifying it continuously, once the secondary line improvement window opens. I live in Jersey, and if you are willing to sacrifice commutability on one or both ends - the world is your oyster as far as trips are concerned.

Feel free to PM or ask more about the actual logistics of our bidding system. Just so the senior guys know, us 'new guys,' know how good this system is, and will NOT be voting for any CBA that does not contain the words line bidding.

Cheers!