View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by cubguy View Post
Parker already stated that the contract included ALL groups.
I would think USAPA gone at that point. Thank God!
Have to be a representational vote. APA would beat USAPA considering the bad taste in the mouths of the westies. Of course, former TWA might not vote for APA. I suppose ALPA would try to get a grass roots thing going to get on the ballot, but considering former TWA pilots are about to bankrupt them, I doubt anyone would sign up for that. ALPA has about 80-90 million and the TWA pilots are asking for upwards of over a billion. Of course, you can't get blood out of a rock, so ALPA likely would be broke (and bankrupt) and have to go to the membership (especially Delta) for one back-breaking initial re-starting assesment and likely a substantially higher dues rate (perhaps double). Remember, at this point, it's my undersatnding ALPA is uninsurable and thus would have to self-fund, so HUGE $$$ will be needed to remain viable. Unfortunately, I believe the Air Tran pilots are next in the ALPA lawsuit line (that never seems to end) and thus 5 years from now, it may start all over again with poor ALPA pant-leg clutchers and lackies once again taken to the cleaners.

At any rate, on a hypothetical note it would be interesting though if ALPA did come back on AA property as then former TWA pilots would be suing themselves and be both plaintiff and defendent, but I suppose they could just move their money from one pocket to the other though.