View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
DASH8EE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by DashGirl View Post
I think..and this is a bit of a "conspiracy" styled thought, but I think the whole DAL/US slot swap was a precursor for this thing and DAL may very well be in on all of it. US had to divest from the NYC market to get over the one huge anti-trust issue that might have stopped this merger. I also think that AMR mgt. was on board from the beginning despite the Red Herring comments they have made to the press about wanting to remain a sole carrier. DP will probably make those guys twice as rich as they already are by buying them out and the whole industry then wins with higher fares...

This is just my "conspiracy theory" but big corporations love to do this kind of stuff...
Very interesting.

Last Thursday when all this broke out in the news with the unions signing a CBA I was wondering if this whole thing was fabricated by AMR and US management.

Think about it. 6 months ago a merger with US was worst case if you were an APA pilot. Now it is best case.

What brought APA to this? CH11 / a move to void current contracts through the court.

It is plausible that management at AMR/US knew APA and other labor would never be on board for a merger... Unless, a merger became a better option for APA and the other labor groups.

Fabricated through reverse psychology.