View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
IA1125
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

I would like to make three clarifications.

Originally Posted by FAULTPUSH View Post

To your claim - No, FAPA is a union, representing the interests of all the pilots of Frontier Airlines. FAPA Invest is an LLC that represents the interests of a group of investors. Those interests of the two are often inherently in conflict with each other. If you drew a Venn diagram, the two groups are not 100% overlapping. There are people who are members of each individual group without being members of both.
FAPA is not a Union, it is a legally registered "Labor Organization." The Frontier pilots are legally "represented" by IBT Local 357, whether the pilot is a Member of Local 357, an Agency Fee Payer or a Financial Core Fee Objector.

If you drew a Venn diagram of FAPA and FAPAInvest, legally there is 0%, as in NO, overlap. You are correct that there is a person that holds a title in both organizations. However, those responsibilities are completely separate as are the two entities.

Originally Posted by ATCsaidDoWhat View Post

When the groups met to discuss the SLI, you took a seat on the side and refused to participate. When you finally engaged, you demanded that under a merged, combined and integrated seniority list, no non Frontier pilot could come onto the list ahead of an F9 pilot.
That statement is quite simply, not true.

I bring it up only as a matter of credibility.

There were 4 Unions, and their Representatives (somewhere around 3 to 5 Reps for each Union), at the January 2010 meeting in Dallas to "Negotiate" the SLI. The IBT Reps walked out of that joint meeting after approximately 1 hour and refused to meet as a group ever again.

There were 4 unions at the "Mediation" in Sarasota. Roughly, the same number of Reps per Union as in Dallas.

Mediation was scheduled from Monday to Friday (February 15 to 19, 2010, inclusive).

RAH 747 / Trusteeship (whatever) Representatives showed up on Tuesday and left Thursday. They couldn't be there Monday as Sunday was Valentine’s Day and one of the ExCO Officers (not a Negotiating or Merger Committee Member) had an anniversary that weekend.

My point is – EVERY person present as Union Representatives for both the January and February meetings will tell you the same story, except for RAH IBT.

That's roughly 12 to 14 Reps word against the RAH IBT's 4 to 6 Reps.

How likely is it that 3 disparate pilot groups and Unions - ALPA (Midwest), UTU (Lynx) and FAPA (Frontier) would all agree on exactly the same sequence of events that IBT and now Local 357 claim occurred differently?

When I saw this timeline today, I thought it was eerily similar to ALPA, UTU and FAPA’s experience with the IBT in the SLI year.

http://www.myrjetworkplace.com/wp-co...n-Timeline.pdf

Last edited by IA1125; 05-18-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Format