View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
A330Checkairman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Ejection Seat Test Pilot
Default Green face you are just flat wrong

I have been reading your posts for quite some time and I am really tired of your ranting and raving about SCABS, B6, Skudbus, and VX. You may have had a point back in 1999 when UAL and DAL were trying to outgun each other with the top pay scales and they were hiring at all the then majors, but to call these guys today SCABS or ruining the professsion, you gotta be kidding me!

I suppose you expect these guys to crop dust or fly merlins at night so that they can hope to come work with guys like you, sit F/O for 10 years praying that the senior pilots ahead of them don't try to screw them every chance they get? The secure airline career that you were fortunate enough to be hired into has changed two fold. The pay and work rules have been gutted. Pensions are gone and the risk of furlough still looms. Why not encourage a pilot to get out and fly decent equipment, get some good PIC time, and then come join you at your "legacy" when the airlines return to profit. You know that guy might be a pretty decent F/O for you. However, if he is that guy that you embarassed and kicked off of your jumpseat, you may not want him as your F/O. I can guarantee that he wont want to fly with you and most likely will never consider flying for your airline.

After 9/11, I lost my "legacy" job and my family has suffered greatly for it. I remember flying with Captain's like you. I flew with a Captain who spit on a Comair guy because they were getting RJ's. He did not even know that Comair was ALPA. Is that you green face? A narrow minded narrow body Captain unaware of the world outside of his tiny cockpit?

Last edited by A330Checkairman; 02-16-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar