View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO
Default A couple questions...

Hey all, I have been trying to find some clear answers to the following questions but I keep getting different/confusing answers... I even talked to my DP and either he didn't understand my questions entirely or I didn't understand his answers... so I figured I'd give it a shot here:

1. If I have a multi-engine commercial with a complex endorsement, does my single-engine commercial check-ride have to be in a complex aircraft?

2. If I just have a multi-commercial rating, and if I do my initial CFI in the multi... will the check-ride be just for my MEI to teach multi add-ons for private and commercial students, or will it be an entire CFI/MEI rating that would allow me to teach zero hour private students in the multi as well?

3. If I go the route of getting my cfi/mei in a multi-engine aircraft before getting my single-engine commercial, does that mean that I would have to take separate check-rides to teach in a single-engine after I get my single-engine commercial?

Thank in advance for any help/advice you can give me. I've been trying to find clear answers to these questions for a little while now and I've been coming up short.