View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
PilotAnalyst
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012

I've been feverishly aligning things Alphabetically

Trent 890 I'm going through each of the airlines putting the number of pilots in the airline the data uses. As far as breaking it down by fleet, I think that would be very cool, but I just don't have access to that kind of data. If I did the model would be more precise. For example if American buys a 777 we could apply the pilot/aircraft fleet ratio for that particular aircraft coming on the property. As we know the staffing requirements of wide body aircraft are different than domestic narrow body.

I would like to do the high Expat hiring international companies soon(Emirates, Etihad, Qatar), when I have time, I think that would be very interesting. I'm not expecting to see much in retirement data but I think the growth projections would be fascinating.

Just remember what the data “means” is dynamic and depends on who you are. As I am adding more airlines to my totals, my Total Hiring Profile is changing, More than I expected. I should have the Totals/Comparison data up tomorrow.

I was able to work through Southwest and UPS today. I had harder time than usual getting reliable fleet information for these carriers so I applied a GDP model to Southwest, and nothing to UPS. If anybody has additional intel on these carriers please let me know.

Southwest Airlines Hiring Demand
Southwest Airlines Pilot Demand | Audries Aircraft Analysis

UPS
UPS Pilot Demand | Audries Aircraft Analysis