View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Jack Bauer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
What happens is that we go to work, and we perform to standards; no more, no less. We live with a TA that was designed to pass, but not to motivate, or to inspire excellence. If anyone of us does a really good job, we do it for the personal satisfaction.

We trade in unrealistic hopes of something truly great for the reality of something useful, but not much more. Just as before, we anxiously wait to see how the fleet plan unfolds, and how the industry moves forward (or not).

We realize all TA's we've ever seen are controversial, and only judged in hindsight. Because I don't know what the economy will do, I can't tell you whether this is viewed as a gross failure to get enough, or a specatcular victory. All I can say now is that this contract has very modest upside if Delta does great, but conversely has very solid downside protections we don't enjoy today, in Sections 1 and 3.

We step up whenever opportunity arises, and we make modest gains. Hopefuly modest gain after modest gain, after modest gain. We dream big, but cash in small achievements.

We sleep at night.

The Restoration Plus Inflation crowd starts drinking heavily. The ALPA crowd quietly mopes around. The DPA continues to [deleted] up everything they touch. The DTW reps vote no on everything and anything that might be controversial: never for, never against; quite the contrary.

TSquare argues for LBP.

Underboob returns.

At home, the children play, and our respective wives await our return with a new honeydew list.

We smile a contented smile, for all is well is the world.
And so the "I never promised anything" post is made to point to later when things go sideways after this POS TA is voted in.

You have been selling the he11 out of this thing. You sir and your used car salesmanship are the antithesis of excellence. Goodday.