tsquare
No longer cares
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2008
  • Position
    767er Captain
Quote: Hi Jack,

That's the only way they can vote. It's the only way they get any kind of money now. Even a six month delay has financial consequences, which is why they are so wild eyed.

Even a %20 raise a year from now does very little good to a person in their last 3 years, and this is the specific demographic for which this TA is tailored.

Note the long delay in any kind of DC bump. %14 vs %15 to these guys means very little. There is no practical way for it help.

OTOH, a reduction in staffing does help. The increase in ALV will let them fly more. These guys typically will pump the white slips (which are relatively a sure thing, rather than wait by the phone for a GS), so the reserve ALV+15 will not affect their method of schedule filling.

Scope issues are the last thing on their minds. As is sick time...(although, they are getting more).

If I was in my last 3 years, and money is all that was on my mind, and I had no interest in leaving a place better than I found it, this is exactly the kind of TA I'd want, and the sooner, the better.

Nu
Wow..... The entitlement mentality is really strong with this one Obi Wan...