View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by uaav8r View Post
Sink r8, you said that your union's presentation handout is telling you that - "UA has potentially unlimited 50 and 70 seaters"? I sure hope your union is not telling you this. Look, AA's future scope is anyone's guess (as it stands it's pretty favorable). As for UA's current (bankruptcy era, concessionary) scope language...unlimited 50 seaters? -basically true, unlimited 70 seaters? -absolutely not. There is a mainline BH ratio in place. In fact at 152 70 seaters they are pretty much against the wall as it is. Of course, our CAL side has successfully held the line at 50 seats, albeit unlimited. My feeling is that whoever signs first (DL/UA/AA) will set the precedent for the rest in regard to scope. I just hope that we are all properly informed.
It says "unlimited 70-seat jets and 78-seat turboprops (subject to block hour ratio)". It's not specific on UAL 50-seaters. Would like to see this expanded upon. I can't cut-and-paste presentation slides from phone. I'd like real numbers from both airlines.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to base my vote on the impact on other airlines, but I will consider whether we're leapfrogging anyone else. I expect AMR to do something spectularly bad, based on term sheet with UsAirways.

Here is a question for you, and it might be painful to contemplate: you guys are way behind on payrates. You want us to hold the line on 76-seaters, and not consider a smaller regional footrpint (with marginal pay ncreass) as a gain... are you then willing to forego pay increases in exchnage for a draconian scope clause?

Last edited by Sink r8; 06-07-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling