Thread: FDX jobs
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 02:08 AM
ABK MAN
time and initals

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: dispatcher

First of all, FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are two TOTALLY different companies. So, if you get hired on as a ramper for Express in EWR, you will get a totally new employee #. Re-hires @ FDX Express (work there for a while, leave for a while, and then come back and are successfully hired) get their old employee # back, yet their seniority starts from their most recent hire date. The whole leaving without your 2 weeks thing may or may not be a factor. Personally, I don't think it will be that big of a deal. When you go to the Express hiring location, be cool with em' and emphasize your desire to be a ramper, you will have to disclose your 10 year employment and living history, so, they are going to know that you worked for Ground, if they ask about it, tell em the truth, and tell em' about your new schedule. FDX Express allows $3,000 a year for college tuition reimbursement. Lastly, I'd simply pray about it and leave it up the good Lord above, worked for me, I was able to go straight from the street to the ramp, usually they put the new hires in the Hub, like at a conveyor belt, not out on the ramp. I have enjoyed my time as a ramper, and have learned a lot, I hope you get on, it can be a lot of fun.