View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by finis72 View Post
ACL, I hope you are right and I am wrong as to what will happen. However, all my sources say if we turn this down it will be a sh$t show. The company has a plan B and they will table us for a long time and still make lots of money. The only hope I see is if the no vote is so close that DL will then feel compelled to improve a small portion to get the extra yes votes and still go with plan A.

Well, I can tell you that your contacts saying that makes great sense if I was the company. It makes their job a lot easier if we just pass this and do not question it. Failing this TA makes them look at plan A which requires the DCI redo but is also significantly cheaper, even with a bunch more value to this deal than plan C,D,E. Plan A is most preferred by all of us, but should we just sit down and take this deal if it will require a ton of leverage down the road to fix? I say no, and after talking to many of the Reps, they all feel money was left on the table, even if they voted yes. Is that money still there? Unknown, and I mean that, but redoing this deal to get the protections and work rule changes along with a path to sunsetting DCI is a sure fire way to get this group to pass this thing at over 90%.

It will not take much, but it will take money and specific wording to get this to pass the second time.