View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
finis72
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 777 Sim Instructor

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Well, I can tell you that your contacts saying that makes great sense if I was the company. It makes their job a lot easier if we just pass this and do not question it. Failing this TA makes them look at plan A which requires the DCI redo but is also significantly cheaper, even with a bunch more value to this deal than plan C,D,E. Plan A is most preferred by all of us, but should we just sit down and take this deal if it will require a ton of leverage down the road to fix? I say no, and after talking to many of the Reps, they all feel money was left on the table, even if they voted yes. Is that money still there? Unknown, and I mean that, but redoing this deal to get the protections and work rule changes along with a path to sunsetting DCI is a sure fire way to get this group to pass this thing at over 90%.

It will not take much, but it will take money and specific wording to get this to pass the second time.
If a contract passes by 90% I'm looking for another job, chapter7 is just around the corner.Sunsetting DCI is a pipe dream, sounds good on Internet web boards but the reality is as long as we are a hub and spoke carrier we will have DCI. As long as we are a global carrier we will have code sharing and JV's. It is easy to pick a TA apart especially with the half truths and mis information on the web. What is hard to do is come up with a viable plan in the aftermath of a no vote. You say DL will come back to the table and base it on what a rep said or what you conjecture to be the reason, I say for many reasons they won't. I don't think this TA will pass, for me it is not a big deal either way. I am not being mean spirited when I say I'm at the top of the food chain and therefor a yes or no vote will not affect my QOL. I do believe that a no vote and the ramifications of a no vote will impact the junior pilots. You think some of the intra DL memos are propaganda, I say they fired a shot across our bows and they are not going to back down, they can't now politically. Again I hope you are right but I'll wager you are wrong.