View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
DelDah Capt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by crewdawg52 View Post
I have considered the possibilites and I'm willing to accept the outcome, whatever it be. I/ we gave up a huge amount and I'm not going to accept this "carrot" mgt is dangling in front of me. I'm I looking for full (or close to it) restitution, no. I'm a realist. But I also truly believe we can do better, however long that takes.

I also believe it wont take long. I dont believe the fear mongers when they say its gonna be another 3 years, and then go the NMB. Total BS.

But if it does..... I'm willing to go the distance. I will be able to look in the mirror and see some one who stood up to what he believes in.
crewdawg,

You've said that you've considered the long term possibilities and you're willing to live with those consequences in pursuit of something better. I can respect that. One of the reasons that I'm leaning towards a Yes is that while I was initially let down by this TA being below my expectations, I look at the 2015 rate and think that I'm going to be really p*ssed in two and a half years if we're still in negotiations and I'm working under the old rates and I could've had the new ones. But I'm still undecided as I try to figure what plan B for both sides would really look like.

Lastly, you talk about being a 'realist' and 'standing up for what you believe in'. I've heard several UAL folks in these threads talk about standing up for the pilot profession. However, the reality is that in six months, if this TA passes, as a lowly MD88 Capt, I'll have a higher rate than every single person on the UAL list (777, 747, 757, you name it)....and Lord only knows what AMR will be making by then. Are the Airtran guys happy about turning down their first offer.....how about the Frontier guys...the Comair guys. They may all be fighting the good fight, but the 'reality' is that I'm not sure what their point is.