View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
My own reps absolutely disagree. Regardless of who's right about whether money was left on the table, it's not on the table now, because the agreement is non-prejudicial, AND because it would be a very poor precedent for the company. As you said yourself, this deal impacts follow-on deals. It would be very unlikely, IMO, that the company would go back above and beyond what they stated was their last, best offer.

On the other hand, they could offer something worse that we'd simply vote on, like the JCBA II, or the way SW handled AirTran. I just can't believe they would be stupid enough to acknowledge they were just kidding. If Art says money was left on the table, I think he means he tied up the MEC in a week of futile debate, and the deal was sealed as details were leaked to torpedo any chance of quiet diplomacy.

Meanwhile, if your argument is to get a group cry going over spilled milk, then I'm not interested. If it's to lodge your complaints about a deal you say "is going to pass", then you're just working on internet street creds, and I'm not interested either.

Just do the honest thing, and make a call. If you think this thing needs to be turned down, say so, and please explain how you see us working through an process other than Section 6. Please spare us the hand-wringing about how "people expected more". We get it: we all expected more.
The reality is that DAL still wants to do the deal with the DCI jets, and avoid the mtc on the 50's. That contract does not have to be signed July 1.