View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
You are exactly right.. and then there is nothing stopping the company from parking as many of the mainline airplanes as they want. They will be able to save millions in maintenance checks and keeping all those extra pilots around in this sucky economy.. If I were management.. that is EXACTLY what I would do.

Me? I prefer some guarantees and contractual language that would prevent that. I have no interest in fighting for airplanes that are gone forever... All that is contained in this TA. We can say no, and they can trade 70s for 76s.. and the 50s stay to boot. Big win for management.

What is sad, and quite obvious is that many are only seeing one thing in this contract, and cannot get past that. They are incapable of seeing the package as a whole, the protections contained therein and how they (especially if they are junior) will benefit from them. But it is your choice.
Ah, so you're saying management would be vindictive and just take their toys from the sandbox if we turn this down?

Management does not want to keep the 50's, and trading 70's for 76's is a bad deal for them as well. We hold the key to their long term plan, they will include us because they have to.

I like most others planning on voting no are not focused on one single thing, and you know better than that. We are big picture people. This contract is lacking in numerous areas that need to be shored up.