Old 06-28-2012, 06:34 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by kcpunk View Post
Eaglefly

Can you provide your reasons for your no vote? How does this contract lead to pay losses and furloughs?

Has a BK judge ever ruled in favor of a union, what would you lose if history prevails and the judge rules in favor of AMR?
My reasons are too numerous to list. As far as pay losses and furloughs;

- Allows up to 400 furloughs as soon as we ratify (perhaps more before that) and another 400 if they announce a merger. That's 800 furloughs and possibly more, leaving 7200 pilots (possibly less). AMR estimated 1400 furloughs, APA 2000, so plan on max ability to furlough.

- The bulk of the narrowbody domestic fleet slated for replacement will be S80 and 757 which are Group III and group IV aircraft (pay rate). They will be replaced mostly with A319 and some A321. A319 is Group II pay, so figure a minimum of 400 captains (possibly more) get the chop to F/O = pay cut, A majority of the pilot group will soon fly Group II A319 which is below all pay they've received to date (S80 pays more), so figure several thousand will transition to the lowest paying aircraft on the AA scale = pay cut.

Of course, furloughees get a 100% pay cut.

If I were to go into all the areas where this "deal" is essentially no better then the 1113 term sheet (TA is 214 pages), I'd fry the website.........'nuff said.