View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Kill Bill

i don't know about other posters but i'm trying to warn people off a career that will only end in disappointment. i truly wish i'd taken another path when i had the opportunity. on the other hand, if you like slaving for a company who treats you like dirt 99% of the time, if you like constant scrutiny, if you like being disciplined by people who have the ability to take your career from you in an instant, if you like low-grade morons who can goad you into a fight and end your career permanently, if you like taking pay cuts so management can put huge bonuses in their pockets, if you like working for a retirement you have contracted for in a legally-binding manner only to be told a few years from retirement that, sorry, i needed a few extra million so i declared BK and stole your retirement, if you enjoy watching your earning power erode as years pass, if you think the types of cancers pilots get as they age to be an exciting diversion, then, by all means, sign up and enjoy.

a lot of you don't like me and my manner. i couldn't possibly care less. it may come as a total shock to you but my manner, which you so detest, hides a big soft and helpful heart and my advice issues therefrom. this isn't about PFT and driving down the industry; this is about HEARTBREAK and ending your career after making $150k a year on social security and having to sell everything you once owned just to survive. many of us will be in that position. i will likely not be but that's not the point. the point is the airline business is not run by honorable and nice people. it is run by those who have no scruples and have no trouble sleeping after destroying your life. my heartfelt advice is to do something, anything else. work for yourself, get a govt job, anything. even go to law school but flying? it will kill you.