View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by izanti View Post
Evening all, here's the low down.

I am planning a trip to AMS in a few weeks and need help getting over the pond.

I am in CASS with 121 cargo carrier with a recip with DAL but have no non rev recip.
I know I can't sit jump seat but I heared I can use my CASS to get a seat in the back if I pay taxes. I use DAL to jump domestically all the time but this is my first internationally.

I have heared from many that it is possible to do this and even more that it's not if you dont have a non rev agreement. Would I have any issues doing the usual at the gate or do I have to go to a ticket counter at either station?

Does anyone have any experience doing this? How would I list in AMS? I heared most carriers can't check CASS outside the US.

To prevent a lock please don't post specific jump seat procedures.

Thanks
It's been a few years since I js'd int'l on DAL. But as long as you have a reciprocal agreement, you should be able to use the JS privilege to occupy a seat in the back of airplane. DAL doesn't have the silly domestic and int'l reciprocity JS lists some a certain other carrier. That you have no non-rev agreement doesn't matter at all.

Also, when I did it, I had to make sure that I was listed for the flight 75 minutes in advance of the flights go time to get "passport listed". Not sure if that's the case anymore, but at time, if you didn't do it you simply weren't getting on the airplane. I did this at the international customer service counter in ATL as that's where I went out of.

I've never come out of AMS, but just a few general guidelines. Get there EARLY, as in a few hours before go time. Just in case you have to go to an separate "staff travel" counter to get listed, pay any taxes, etc etc etc. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Now, this is up to you. I ALWAYS bring a bag of chocolates for the crew. BOTH the cockpit and the cabin. It's NEVER failed at helping me to get a more comfy seat when one was available.