Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 AM
BTpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 777

I only have about 750 dual given in the seminole with a range of PMEL, CMEL, ATP, MEI, and CFII. I enjoyed multi instructing a lot more once I really had a grasp on all the material. I was doing it all in Vegas with lots of terrain and did a lot of flying the middle of the night...

I got a few things for you to always remember..

"MY CONTROLS".. Be ready all the time. The multi instructing is a different animal and you'd be surprised how stupid students can get in those airplanes.

"GO AROUND".. Cutting the power at a high altitude seems to be a cool thing for these people to do because they are used to flying a 172.. Be ready for them to screw up the landings. Be sure to really dry fly all the landing flare etc.

"MEMORY ITEMS".. The engine failures will be tough for first time multi guys. Just drill the memory items into their head. Dry fly dry fly dry fly.. I had them dry fly the crap out of the engine fail checklist as well as the gear down before landing checklist. My students really benefited from that. Also make them consider terrain and conditions right away. (not sure if you're by mountains or not)..

ILS approaches- this will be a common task with the SE ILS. This is going to take work. These guys have never done stuff like this and their brains will have to handle about 837493 things at once, just like you and I did when we first learned. Be patient and just talk them through the first few. Show them how to adjust the scan and make sure the SE ILS is one of their strongest items. I've seen instructors kind of blow it off and when checkride time came, their student didn't hack it.

Good luck man. You'll be fine, and good luck to your students.