View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
alfonsogd
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Default Advice on professional flight training.

Hello everyone. I am a recent graduate of Industrial Engineering and I am just about to start flight training in order to become an airline pilot. During several months of searching through the web I’ve found much information that has been useful for me in order to learn the steps I should follow to reach the many pilot certifications I need. I’ve found hundreds of flight schools in the US but my biggest issue is that I can’t decide which academy to attend. I am not looking to do a Bachelor degree again, only the flight training. I looked at Sportys, ATP, FlightSafety, Aerosim, etc. etc. (and smaller academies), but it’s hard to decide since I’m outside of US and I can’t go personally to each one and take a look. I would like you to please give me an advice related to this topic. Also, I’ve heard comments that spending so much money in these large academies is not worth, so I should consider small flight trainers that are going to give me a more personalized training. Which flight school can you recommend me? I am looking to do this as professional as possible, so I believe that a good quality training is necessary for entering any airline (a flight trainer that has good job connections is important too). Actually, does airlines care from which flight school you graduated? Thank you for your advice.